WHAT IS FOOT AND ANKLE PAIN?
Posture begins at the feet and ankles, if that is not optimal then the rest of the body has to work harder and muscles and ligaments inevitably become overworked. There are many problems that can occur at the foot including bunions, plantar fasciitis, sprains, tendonitis and many more. The feet are filled with sensory receptors that direct our muscles and tell them when to contract in order to keep our posture correct. Modern day shoes and the type of terrain that we walk on, have slowly lost our feet the ability to monitor our posture effectively. This can result in misuse or overuse of the muscles, which will in turn often result in the conditions mentioned above.
- reduces muscle spasm so encourages balance in joints.
- relieves pain
- with less pain, joints can be used more
- increases movement ensuring that synovial fluid is secreted, which is essential for a healthy joint as the articular cartilage does not have a blood supply.
- keeps joints mobile which helps to prevent arthritis.
- increases blood flow to the structures of the joint
- increases drainage.
- also helps via the special sensory receptors around the joint telling the brain where the joint is, in terms of space and the movement it is capable of producing.
THERAPY OPTIONS AVAILABLE FOR THIS CONDITION AT BROOKS-CARTER CLINIC
- Orthopaedic Massage and Manipulation
- Advanced Remedial Massage
- Remedial & Sports Massage
- Swedish Massage
- Sports Event Massage
- On-Site Massage
- Indian Head Massage
- Thai Foot Massage
- Hot Stone Massage
- Pre/Peri-natal Massage
- Dry Needling
- Chinese Cupping
- Hopi Ear Candling
- Meta Kinetics