WHAT IS HIP AND GROIN PAIN?
There are many structures in the hip and groin that can cause discomfort, such as ligaments, muscles, joint, nerves and blood vessels. Stresses from running and playing sport can irritate the muscles around the hip and groin. The hip joint is required to support a level of impact many times the weight of your body when running and jumping. The muscles and ligaments are specifically designed to reduce and cope with this force. The muscles around the hip and pelvis are mainly endurance muscles, they are designed to last all day every day. However, if they are misused or not used enough they can become tired and inflamed resulting in pain in and around the hip joint.
- reduces muscle spasm so encourages balance in joints.
- relieves pain
- with less pain, joints can be used more
- increases movement ensuring that synovial fluid is secreted, which is essential for a healthy joint as the articular cartilage does not have a blood supply.
- keeps joints mobile which helps to prevent arthritis.
- increases blood flow to the structures of the joint
- increases drainage.
- also helps via the special sensory receptors around the joint telling the brain where the joint is, in terms of space and the movement it is capable of producing.
THERAPY OPTIONS AVAILABLE FOR THIS CONDITION AT BROOKS-CARTER CLINIC
- Orthopaedic Massage and Manipulation
- Advanced Remedial Massage
- Remedial & Sports Massage
- Swedish Massage
- Sports Event Massage
- On-Site Massage
- Indian Head Massage
- Thai Foot Massage
- Hot Stone Massage
- Pre/Peri-natal Massage
- Dry Needling
- Chinese Cupping
- Hopi Ear Candling
- Meta Kinetics