Remedial and Sports Massage refers to work done by Therapists who have continued their studying and training on completion of the Swedish Massage Diploma course.
They learn more about assessment and, because of their increased knowledge of musculo-skeletal anatomy, can work on specific groups of muscles to produce the desired effects. This is especially useful for conditions such as back pain and RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury).
They learn more techniques and become skilled in deep tissue work – such as is required in painful conditions and by athletes who want to enhance their performance.
The Sport Massage Therapist is in greater demand than ever before. Athletes in all areas of sport are demanding soft tissue techniques before, during and after events.
REMEDIAL & SPORTS MASSAGE FOR PERFORMANCE ENHANCEMENT
We understand about muscles - often the most ignored part of the body.
Remedial and Sports Massage Therapists realise that the mental, physical and emotional stresses involved in competitive sports often contribute to injuries by affecting the muscles.
SO WHAT CAN SPORTS MASSAGE DO?
- speeds up recovery time
- allows you to train more easily and without discomfort
- means that the muscles repair more easily with less scar tissue and any scar tissue formed it is laid down in the direction of the muscle fibres so is less likely to re-injure (a common problem)
- helps you to train at a higher level because of reduced tension
- helps to restore or maintain a healthy structure - essential to avoid chronic conditions developing and to keep in peak condition
- improves whole body awareness - you will know when you’ve trained enough or when it is time for another Sports / Remedial massage
- encourages relaxation - increased alertness - leading to better concentration and focus
- gives an opportunity for specific focusing - such as visualisation techniques.
IT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD!
AND YOU KNOW IF YOU FEEL GOOD IT’S SO MUCH EASIER TO...
GO FOR IT
- after the event - the ultimate reward - a Sports massage
- to soothe aching, tired and overworked muscles slow the body down, relaxing and thus encouraging repair
- to decongest muscles so that full recovery can occur and training can recommence.
Remedial and Sports Massage Therapy is being used more and more by sports people of all ages and disciplines. It is used in training and is now offered (as it was in ancient times) at the Olympics.
Research is currently being done into the effects of this therapy. However, as national and international athletes are seen receiving massage, so more and more sports people - both amateur and professional - are seeking Remedial and Sports Massage Therapists. Who is the athlete anyway? The painter, window cleaner, computer operator, lorry driver, etc…all require the above care.
- Remedial & Sports Massage - Neck Pain by Donald Budge BSc DARM RMT CST SMTO