On-Site Massage Therapy in the workplace is a simple cost-effective way to:
- relieve stress and tension
- increase productivity
- improve employee morale
- improve overall employee health by decreasing and even preventing the ill effects of stress.
Offering massage therapy at the office gives your employees easy access to this beneficial treatment, and shows them that you care about their health and well being. Appreciative, stress-free employees are more productive and happier in their jobs.
Employers have also found that offering massage therapy in the workplace has more than employee relations’ benefits:
- an Ontario company reported a 24% reduction in time off for work related injuries and compensation claims dropped by $200,000 after implementing a massage therapy program (FINANCIAL TIMES 1992)
- studies showed job stress and anxiety were reduced while alertness and performance on math tests were increased following On-Site Massage Therapy (INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF NEUROSCIENCE 1996).
Medical research trials carried out by Touch Research Institute at the University of Miami Medical School have proved that On-Site Massage:
- increases alertness, speed and accuracy
- decreases anxiety levels and depression
- improves general levels of relaxation.
- helps healing in repetitive strain injuries, headaches, migraine
An On-Site Massage is applied through the clothes on a special chair and is based on Amma Massage a form of Shiatsu. It involves pressing on certain acupressure points to create effects.
On-Site Massage Therapists work in airports, businesses, shopping centres, etc….
- improve your company’s, or your, work potential
- increase profits by reducing sick leave.
- On-Site Massage - Stress by Amanda Brooks DARM RMT DIR DOSM SMTO