WHAT IS SPORTS EVENT MASSAGE?
Pre and Post event sports massage is specifically designed to help prepare an athlete to perform at their best (pre-event) and recover as quickly and effectively as possible after their event (post-event).
Pre event massage can be carried out anytime from two days to immediately before an event.
Post event massage should be done as soon as possible after the event.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM SPORTS EVENT MASSAGE?
Anyone taking part in any sport at any level will benefit from a pre and post event massage.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Pre event massage can:
- Increase the circulation of blood to the muscles to allow them to be flushed and oxygenated.
- Create a state of readiness in the muscles ant tissues.
- Help muscles to relax so the joints can be moved through their full range of motion.
- Enable the athlete to focus on their event either by relaxing or by completing their mental preparations
Post event massage can:
- Help flush out the toxins and lactic acid built up during the exercise
- Help return the muscles to a relaxed state
- Reduce the risk of next day muscle soreness
- Reduce swelling and promote faster healing
- Help an athlete with their cool down routine , this is especially good after an event when an athlete is often too tired or excited to cool down properly
- Help an athlete to relax after their event and gives them time to mentally recover from the event