Qi Gong is a series of movements that are done very consciously to improve health and flexibility and strength in muscles and thus the whole musculo-skeletal system.
A healthy structure will assist in the health of our heart, lungs, stomach, liver, intestines while at the same time allowing us to focus on ourselves which helps our mental and emotional sides.
If our structure is the best that it can be and is being routinely massaged, stretched and worked through its range of movements, then our health will benefit.
Qigong movements tend to be slow and purposeful. This makes is safe as you won't be jumping up and down and throwing your joints around the place! Many of the Chinese masters are in their 80s and 90s and are showing no signs of stiffening up. Children love it too.
Qi-gong can be done seated or standing so everyone can benefit
- opens the flow of energy in meridians used in acupuncture and Chinese medicine
- enhances our ability to feel the energy or life force that is there in all of us
- allows us to communicate with our own self, our own wisdom and intuition
- movements are done mindfully so it is great for destressing
- breathing is also done mindfully which helps our whole system to calm and work more efficiently
- muscles, tendons, ligaments and soft tissues are all warmed up, worked and strengthened during the Qi Gong session
- some routines target specific organs e.g. stomach and spleen, lung and large intestine.
- works to link body and mind, concentrating on movements and breathing in a state of calm
You can learn a few moves to do daily or at times during the day.
You can attend an online class with Harald Bartl.
You can keep in touch with BCC and find out when there are live sessions.
PRACTITIONERS AT BROOKS-CARTER CLINIC