WHY BABY MASSAGE ?
Baby Massage is one of many ancient traditions which can help new mothers give their infant the best possible start in life. Baby massage promotes both health and the feeling of security that all babies crave.
The long standing benefits of baby massage for infants are plentiful. The immediate benefits of regular baby massage include a marked improvement in sleep duration & quality, improved circulation, healthier muscle tone and a feeling of deep relaxation. The help in alleviating the symptoms of colic and other digestive conditions is also widely known. Baby massage provides a wonderful sense of calmness for the baby through the reduction of stress causing hormones.
Baby massage is especially effective in premature babies, massage techniques can be adapted to help increase much needed weight gain and prevent any further well-being complications. Babies with special-needs also are well known to benefit from regular skilled massage.
Infant massage is an old tradition that can help parents give their precious baby the best loving start in life to promote health and happiness.
BENEFITS FOR THE BABY
The physical benefits of infant massage are practically endless, but the immediate benefits include:
- alleviates the common symptoms of colic, teething, painful wind and constipation
- aids in soothing teething pains, wind and constipation pain and related stress
- encourages babies to sleep better and for sustained periods
- provides a relaxing activity for both mother and baby
- can help reduce post natal depression and help baby and mother and also baby and father improve that special bond
- boosts self esteem and self confidence in new mothers
- helps stimulate baby’s important health system & functions including co-ordination, respiration, digestion, learning and language development
- helps stimulate a natural milk flow during breastfeeding
It is also important to know that infant massage is especially important in premature infants where the massage can be adapted to increase weight gain and prevent other complications. Infants with special needs also benefit greatly from regular massage.
BENEFITS FOR THE PARENTS
- Help promote relaxation - you actually feel relaxed massaging your baby!
- Enables parent to get to know their baby
- A great way to meet other parents with similar age babies
- Reduces the incidence of post natal depressions and ‘baby blues’
- Offers you practical ‘tools’ and techniques to deal with colic, wind , constipation , sleep and other baby issues
- Enables you to spend some quality time in with your baby in a usually busy world
BABY MASSAGE GUIDANCE
We can give you guidance on massaging your baby!